16 April 2014

Mx bound


I'm writing this post from a coffee shop in Nelson!

I'm home for a week, and I couldn't be happier.
Coming home lets me relax and also focus on work in a way that I haven't been able to achieve in Vancouver. A week of siblings' birthday and school plays, the spa, homework, Mamma-cooked meals, early nights, and good old-fashioned time with family. A good balance, and a nice little breather before I go back to Vancouver for the last crazy week of school and then Kate and I are off to ... MEXICO.

It's happening!! After negotiating dates, endlessly searching for the best flights (i.e. cheapest with the shortest travel time), finding accommodation on Airbnb, and figuring out transport in Canada and Mexico, Kate and I are finally set for our first sister vacation!

I am very excited to relax and unplug for TEN DAYS. Oh baby, we are going to have a blast. I haven't decided if i'll be bringing a camera or just snapping pictures with my phone- either way I'll be sharing stories after we're back. And again, if anyone has tips for what to do/see in Cancun and Tulum, please share in the comments!!

3 comments:

  1. So fun to have you here! You're a good sister planning your trip to be here for Lucas's class play ...
    You two will have so much fun in Mexico! Just don't forget to keep applying the sunscreen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been such a good week! It flew by but I'll be back :) And rest assured we will be applying that sunscreen!

      Delete
  2. Glad you enjoyed Nelson so much. Wonderful to chat with you.

    We have our flights booked. Arriving in Vancouver on Tues 16 Sept. You and Kate work out when to meet-and eat

    Have a fantastic time in Mexico. Very envious.

    Lots of love to you both

    L G

    ReplyDelete