11 February 2014

The apartment: pt. 2

I went up to Quest on Friday to sort out all the paperwork needed for my March and April classes. I'll post about that soon. While I was there, along with enjoying time with Kate (i miss her so much) and my friends, i enjoyed the fast internet! I never thought i'd say Quest's internet is fast, but i uploaded all these pictures in a reasonable amount of time so there ya go.


The chair and futon came with the place. At first we where super excited about the futon but now... the novelty has worn off and we've realized it's just old and flat. But, we are still thankful to have a couch!

The pictures seemed to lighten up when i uploaded them to the blog, not sure why! An old record player Hunter found in his garage, we've got a small collection and a big wishlist of vinyl.

We bought this shelf at Ikea a little while back because it was on sale. I put it together alone on while Hunter was taking the van back to Bellingham. People are always complaining about how hard it is to follow Ikea assembly instructions, but i really enjoyed it! It was like a puzzle. A big heavy, real-life type puzzle. I think I got some of Grandpa's fix-it genes, because I also pride myself in my trunk/car packing abilities :)

My Zen alarm clock is amazing. It has "sleep trained" me. Now i wake up at the same time everyday, without an alarm. If it's the weekend i can easily fall back asleep, but if i have to get up i'm up.

I couldn't help putting a scarf over the hand-me-down tv Hunter brought. You've trained me well Mamma.

It's the little things that make it feel like home. A beeswax bee and flower candle, hand-made bowls from my brother.

Again, little touches ground me to the houses i've lived in and loved from the past. We brought pictures of Hunter's parents and have them on our fridge (i couldn't figure out the light setting to get a good picture).

That's our place! It's beginning to smell like our home. I find smell is so important. We've got our rhythms, we're mastering our kitchen, and we're able to keep the little place tidy. All in all, i am extremely happy.
Take a look at us moving in, and our apartment.

3 comments:

  1. Nice TV scarf. Don't let your siblings see the elephants, they'll want them back! I think there's something from home in every picture ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handy things these fixit genes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are handy, thank you Grandpa!
    Mamma, i think you're right. It's nice bringing little things from home, it keeps the connection to my past strong :)

    ReplyDelete