2 February 2014

My birthday wish list

Hunter and i moved in yesterday and we are spending today unpacking and getting the last few things of mine from Squamish. It is daunting unpacking and organizing our things into a small and new space. But it is fun. Pictures soon i promise! Until then, enjoy my pre-birthday post.

The big two-oh. I can't believe I'll be 21 in seventeen days.

All the cliches about time are so true. I realized the other day how short a month is, or rather, it hit me how short a month feels to me now. A month is roughly four weeks, a week goes by so quickly, four is a small number and on and on until i was marveling at how short a year is! A part of me misses the time when one evening -Christmas Eve, and night before my birthday, etc- felt like forever. But the other part is glad that i am right where i am.

I really really liked being 20. It was a hard year, a year of big personal and emotional changes, but i am so infinitely glad that i got to live it. I am looking forward to what i will accomplish, how i will grow, and what i will do and learn during 21.

I've never been a big fan of birthday parties. I hate singing happy birthday, or having people sing it to me. As a kid i was always really worried that my friends wouldn't find my smack-dab in the middle of winter sledding/ice skating/sleepover party "cool." Now i just find hosting a party where i have to have fun and everyone else has to have fun and it has to be more "epic" than a normal Friday night party super stressful. So for my 21st birthday, i'm going to celebrate with something quiet, intimate, and low-key. I'll put on a nice bracelet and some earrings, maybe rummage through my toiletries to see if i can find any make up, and spend the day and evening with those i love the most. There are many people who i love who are far away from me, and this is ok. I will see them all in due time and luckily my birthday is not the only day i can tell people i love and appreciate them.

And now, on to how i have been procrastinating lately: my wish list (in no particular order)!


UPDATE: Because of a possible, tropical, sister-vacation Kate and I have been dreaming up I'm adding one more item to my list.

I've been eye-ing up Saltwater Sandals for about two years now, and while daydreaming about this possible vacation, all i can think about is exploring the ruins and the beach in these. Navy blue or white seem to be classics.


    
This gorgeous print by Karolin Schnoor on Etsy.

This really pretty hand-made planter by Haley Ann Robinson.

I have wanted this colander by ceramicist Helen Levi for ages. 
My little brother/secret santa gave me a giftcard towards
 it for Christmas but I'm not quite there yet.

This queen size, 100% merino wool blanket is such a splurge, 
but when my heart is set one something...

Simple silver or gold rings like these ones.


Cherry wood utensils from the General Store.
This planter by Kat & Roger is so great! 
I can imagine how great one of my little plants would look in it.

Gorgeous canister's by Humble Ceramics on the General Store.
I would love to collect cantainers like these
for all my teas, herbs, rice, quinoa etc.

Postalco's brass key holder from the General Store. 
So unique, and so useful!

A kettle that brings water to different/exact temperatures.
Making different types of tea equally delicious!


Aesop's Primrose Facial Hydrating Cream.
I have been using straight Coconut oil for a while,
and my skin needs a change in routine so it wont break out.
I've heard good things about this brand and cream!

  
looks exactly like what i need. I've been on the hunt for
a body scrub for a while, winter really dries out my skin and i find smooth body 
washes simply don't clean enough during this season.


I could go on for ages, but all of the above things I would truly use often and cherish.

What was your best/favourite birthday and why? How do you like to celebrate the birthday of those you love?


1 comment:

  1. I've looked at a couple help forums and the problem y'all seem to be having where you can't leave comments is probably because of your cookie setting. If you have blocked "third party cookies" you wont be able to leave a comment! If you're comfortable changing your cookie setting, it may fix everything :)

    ReplyDelete